Thursday 24 January 2019

The Bench at the Edge

Welcome to my blog! I would like to start off by introducing my new book, The Bench on the Edge, which is available on Amazon as an e-book. It is a philosophical story that begins after the protagonist, Karel Varma, is fatally run-over. He is propelled into a very different world, which presents its own challenges that range from having to differentiate between illusion and reality, to finding perfect love. The context becomes mythological and as the story develops it offers its own unique interpretation of the meaning of life. I will be posting extracts and comments as the blog develops, but I will start with the introductory quote from Zhuangzi:
“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you have caught the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you have caught the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you have grasped the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a person who has forgotten words? I would like to talk with that person.”

No comments:

Post a Comment